Monday, October 8, 2012

DOCTORED INSTANT HERBAL OATMEAL

Doctored instant oatmeal using parsley, cinnamon and canna-butter.
Canna have another  bowl please:)
Parsley comes to mind whenever I think of oatmeal.  It's something I have been doing for years and I think it's about time I share it with you.  Why parsley?  Because for one, it is full of natural vitamins and minerals.  Like vitamin K, A, C, and minerals like  potassium and iron. Another good reason is a chemical call phyto-chemicals also known as micro-nutrients.

Parsley is one herb that should be in everyone's medicine cabinet.  That's how powerful it is.  I could go on and on but you have to do your own research.  My main goal is to excite you enough to investigate it yourself, and use it in your everyday meals.  It's so easy to add to about anything to boost up the nutritional
value of something not so nutritional.  like a cup of noodles.  Hey, sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do and if that's all one has on hand why not make the best of it right?  Have you ever had a cup of parsley tea, or add it to a cup of broth and drink it as it is maybe with a hint of lemon.  Very tasty and healthy drink.  Anyway back to the oatmeal.

Add your favorite butter.  I had  my herbs
extracted in butter.  See the color?  Green
is always good.
I live in the city where there is a lot of hustle and bustle.  A lot of hurried folks, including me at times.  I try not to be in a hurry but sometimes that's just the way it is and I just work with it.  Thank the Lord.  I enjoy cooking but sometimes instant food comes in real handy. But in my books it could always use a little doctoring to make it healthier, and tastier, and more satisfying.  I work with what I have.  Here is my one bowl recipe.  No need to wash pots here either.  Ready in two minutes.  One minute prep time, one minute cooking time.

Ingredients:
  • Quick Oats 1/2 cup
  • Water one cup
  • Parsley 1-2 teaspoons
  • Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
  • Butter or Coconut oil  (Any oil will work fine, however, avoid margarine as they are unhealthy and are artery clogging and the nutrition does not get absorbed thoughout your body like with butter or coconut oil)
  • Brown Sugar ( to taste, can use any sweetener)
  • Microwavable bowl
  • A simple healthier than before bowl of
    oatmeal.  Canna have another
    bowl please:)))
  • Milk 1/4 cup (can use any kind of milk)  Almond milk really compliments this dish

Instructions:
Put all ingredients except milk in microwavable bowl and cook for one minute on high.  Let set one minute before eating.  Enjoy this great tasting comfort food.
By the way cinnamon is also a very volatile herb, and, according to Aurvedic Medicine it is an excellent herb to wake the body up.

Don't let my simple recipe stop you from being creative.  Apples or applesauce would work too, so would bananas or raisins...as for herbs try using green tea.  It tastes great too.  Just a little greener, but pretty powerful herbs.   If you medicate with cannabis.  This will work for you too.  The medication lasts longer without having to smoke it.  Just be careful and use responsibly and under the care of your medical doctor. Note:  Not all green herbs are suitable for this dish.

So here you have another healthier simple recipe for you, good enough to share it with your fellow friend or family.  I hope you have fun in the kitchen and get healthy in doing so. A simple recipe for you, good enough to share it with your fellow friend or family.  Please feel free to comment and I will reply as soon as I can.  Enjoy your day and many blessings.

Sincerely,
Mary Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment