Tuesday, August 13, 2013

DIY THC MEDICATED GLYCERIN OILS

Hi everyone, If you are here most likely you are like me on a quest for a healthier, cheaper way to medicate.  I am a senior on a fixed income, so I am always look for another alternative by DIY (Doing it yourself:)  I am a medical cannabis patient, and it can get quite expensivc to medicate, especially concentrates.  Also, others folks I see at the medical pharmacies that   have concentrate bars, tend to hack or cough like me.  I can't afford to cough so I added herbs to help with my inhalation, without affecting the quality of the concentrated oil.

Not necessary but so refreshing as a suplingual
tincture or a chest or back rub Yum:)
Have you ever purchased thc oil for the vape pens?  Pretty expensive right? I bought my first vape pen at my favorite medical pharmacy for $125.00.  Guess, they saw me coming.  Lol. They sell cartridges filled with thc e-liquid for $75.00.  So after a few days my cartridge was empty, and so was my pocket book. After many days of searching, I felt confident enough to go ahead  with making my own THC oil for my vape pen.  I had 10 grams top shelf shake and got to work experimenting.  I posted another method earlier, where it worked in one vape pen but only clogged the other.   Here goes my preferred method that has worked for both my vape pens.  One for stable concentrates, and the other vape pen works for oils only.

My goal is to get all the medicinal benefits from the green herbs as possible.  Why you might ask?  Because for one, chlorophyll is quite healthy and is found in green plants.  Why I am trying to get all the medicinal properties from the plants?  Because, besides THC, they are loaded with:
  • THC
  • Cannabinoids
  • Chlorophyll
  • Phyto-nutrients
  • Major Anti-oxidants
  • Vitamins
  • Put in Freezer to freeze
  • Minerals
I know there are many more health benefits but this is just what comes to mind right now.  So, on that note, please don't criticize the greenness of my concentrated herbal oils.  It works for me  and my vape pen just fine:))  And that is all that matters.  If you want to try what works for me...be my guest.  Personally, I would like for my throat to be coated with the above noted benefits.  How I made this was quite easy.

Ingredients for wax:
  • Cannabis 10 grams dried,  ground but not powdered.  Can use more or less. I used "Shake".
  • Rosemary 6 sprigs  (Optional.  Loaded with nutrition and to help with the cough)
  • Water 1 cup
  • Vegetable glycerin 2 tablespoons.  I found mine in the cake decorating supplies
  • Clarified butter 1 tablespoon   (Optional, It is medicine and is an absorbing vessel)
  • Canola oil 1 tablespoon (Optional.  I chose this oils because it has little viscosity. Note I wont use this again.  I find this unnecessary.)
  • Eucalyptus Oil 1 teaspoon  Great to open the lungs and helps with the cough.
  • Small crock pot
  • Coffee filters 2
  • Concentrated THC wax 1/2-1 gram, not crumbly. *** Optional*** but recommended
Instructions:
  • Mix all ingredients and put in a small crock pot for 8 hours. The smell is menthol, and good  for those sinuses.
  • Strain two times with coffee filter.
Frozen state
  • Freeze overnight, lift frozen oil and put in a small glass jar.  Discard water.  Notice if you touch the oil it melts at body temperature.  I can feel the menthol in the eucalyptus the minute it hit my skin.  But when it hit my lungs and opened them up naturally...well that was wonderful:)  So this step works as is in the vape pen.  However, my plan was to add some wax I had just made earlier today using 91% ISO alcohol. The other 9% is just plain water.  I say this because many folks think that because it is not 100% it must have additional additives.  Well, its just water, and CVS sells 91% ISO pretty cheap.  

***Optional Wax Step 2:  Put small glass container with your glycerin oil in another pot with water.  A homemade double boiler if you will.  Heat on low. You want to heat this up just enough to be able to mix your wax in (Otherwise the wax and glycerin will not mix when cold).  Once mixed well, I of course fill my vape pen and voila.  It works wonderfully, and I'm a happy camper.
I store my oil concentrates in the freezer and take out just what I need to fill my pens for the day.

1/3 of the end result saved for a few chest rubs hehe:)
To be honest I added the oils since after all I was trying to make an oil.  However, the glycerin method tasted ok with the hint of menthol.  Once I added the wax concentrate the taste was more of a waxy coating on my tongue.  But it is wax.  Maybe I will leave out the canola oil.  Otherwise, I have not had a problem with any of my vape pens clogging as long as you strain it well.  It vapes medication well.  With this method I made enough to fill at least 8-10 cartridges easy.  I'd say I just saved me a lot of money as each pre-filled cartridge costs $75.00 here in Hollywood.

I glad to share with you my findings on how to DIY THC e liquid.  Please feel free to share this with others if you like.  You are welcome to pin this if you like.  So far, there is not a lot of info on the internet on how to make your own medicated vaping oils.  If you tried this, let me know.  If you have a better idea, please let me know.  Till the next time...Many blessings

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

Glycerin oil


Glycerin and wax oil
Now I can fill my pens for a few times.  Also, I like to out a few drops under
my  tongue!  This is my preferred way to use this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment