Tuesday, September 11, 2012

HERBAL CANDY CHEWS


Herbal candy chews made with a combination
of herbs and extracts, protein powder and sesame
seeds.  It is still warm but cool enough to cut and
shape
I have to admit I have a sweet tooth but store bought candy does not satisfy my cravings.  Store bought candy is either too sweet, or has a lot of unhealthy fats.  It also has stabilizers and preservatives I do not want to put in my body.  Remember I do want to control what goes in my body.  If I don't care, who will?.  So I make my own.  My family loves it.  I know its not the healthiest thing but sometimes we need to satisfy that sweet tooth.  My son couldn't wait to get his hands on it.  LOL.Can you see his fingerprint right in the middle, and the left edge he was trying to roll off?  I caught him and made him wait till after my picture shoot. 


Still warm I rolled them into balls and
popped them on a stick
Ready here goes...

Ingredients:
  • Sugar 2 cups
  • herbal butter extract 1/2 cup  (this particular herbal butter was 1/2 coconut oil and 1/2 ghee)
  • herbs  3 grams  ground or two tea bags opened
  • herbal extract citric acid  size of small gumball crumbled
  • coconut milk powder. 1/4 cup (If you use liquid, omit the water)
  • sesame seeds 1/4 cup
  • whey protein powder chocolate or vanilla. 
  • water  1/8 cup
  • vanilla 1 teaspoon
  • salt 1 teaspoon


I put everything in a pot and cooked it down
stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
It took approximately 30 minutes of low stove
top cooking.
Done, I poured this mixture in a another pan to
 spread out to cool.  Be very careful  as it is hot.
Don't line pan with paper like I did.
 It really sticks and you
will lose some candy
I individually wrapped them and put them
in a zip lock baggy and stored them
in the refrigerator
Another delicious herbal candy that you and your family will love.  You cannot really taste the herbs at all if you use herbs like green tea.   Homemade is always better in my books. You can always fancy it up by shaping the balls better and putting a nice wrapper and even a ribbon.  It makes a great little snack that is sweet and yet power packed with nutrition.  Well that's it for tonight.  God Bless and goodnight.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service and please feel free to share my blogs
Mary Helen













No comments:

Post a Comment